Life is a bitch sometimes...No, all the time, I say...at least in the recent past. There is just so much activity (mostly mindless) that one is left with no thought by the end of the day. Sometimes I feel as if one doesn't have to wait for 2012 to witness the Doomsday. Career Calamity (C2) is on the strike and is nearly dismantling lives…in form of a meteor-rain(read: assignments & projectile projects), OR the Ten Plagues of Egypt(read: bad weather, no hot-water in the shower, gross food in the mess, no cash left(broke is becoming my permanent status now...Well, all puns intended), pending work, low attendance(and a possible TNG...Term Not Granted for the uninitiated), add to the previous-no possibility of a vacation, irrational authorities, SWINE flu, and a health regime that sometimes becomes too hard to persist on) ...There is more I can add to that list. However, I shall resist the temptation considering the fragility of my nerves at this particular moment. Well, that kind of happens every time I sit down to ponder over this stupid, timeless, tyrannical and unsolvable topic called LIFE....(*Sticks her tongue out in a desperate attempt to put down the antagonist)
Last night...or was it the night before??? Anyways, one of these two nights, we were having a go at our regular random ramblings. It started at the very same point of 'problems'(we three are pretty competent research students...we believe in applying a process even to randomness), and followed the trajectory of why's and how's and the rest(see, we are good at logic too. Huh! What did I tell you!). What followed was the following:
a) We were not happy
b) We did not quite have any particular reason for it
c) We were still un-happy(tell me you expected a new point!But WTF I'll write what I felt+ I am not a magician to conjure up new tricks)
Brish is shuffling, (sometimes comfortably, and sometimes a little differently) in her relationship. Tee doesn't want one, and I, well I am on a break(that can mean a lot of things beyond the obvious). Besides, we are on the lookout for projects(a sinister compulsory module in our curriculum). The above mentioned list of BADs is always there and then there is a mind numbing silence(not literally, but, well). My boyfriend(sorry, my on-break boyfriend) likes to call it the search for Peace. Exactly, we are looking for peace and the resultant happiness. We all came from varied backgrounds and conditioned environments to this experimental gene-pool of vague talent being prepared for the media industry. And guess what we simply 'lost it'. In the rat-race, we left our old selves and ran after dreams of neon lights, glamour and money.
It felt great and self-gratifying for a while. But, we are old now(only in this system, if you know what I mean...*Checks herself in the little mirror) and certain things matter more than certain other things.
While all this was cooking up in our conversation, I bluntly declared that I wanted to be happy and the only thing that could help was being a part of a wedding party.. I wanted lights and loud music, happy hustle-bustle, fragrance in the air, fireworks in the sky, flowers everywhere and the rest of the picture. Now why did I say that? For one because I really wanted it, and another as I wanted to see how the both answer out of it. Brish went on wrapping around my being prone to conditioning life. The speech rolled on the well-known concepts of not being dependent on external factors for happiness. No expectations for living and the non-living was the mantra.
We later planned a picnic, just like that. It had been one hec of an era since I last went for one. While on our way back to our rooms from the walk (Well, all this was during one lazy night walk), we found how just one smile from us can make someone's day. While walking on the pavement, just try smiling at anyone you make eye-contact with. See how good it feels to be. This, I thought might just help in a routine where grumpy faces have become a part of everyday affair. I tried it and though it did not make a hell of a difference, it did something. Got me a smile from someone I had never known or tried to know. I might just take this to the next level, and help someone on roadsides (someone looking for an address or something). Being good just feels so Right, and Nice.
Signing off
The Temporary (trial-period on) Good Angel :)
Say Cheese!
A very random but still very interesting post. I think just passing a smile or opening a door for someone can make a lot of people happy. I have had days when I will be totally stressed out and a little gesture by a stranger will make my day a whole lot better.
ReplyDeleteHey good post..
ReplyDeleteWeb hosting india
@ workhard
ReplyDeletethanks...keep up for more :)